A word from festival founder and CEO, Rick Walker
Below is all the pertinent information about the festival (so there is no need to contact us, other than to finalize dates of performance) and the set of rules which are not typical for festival performances that must be adhered to for us to pull off such a huge task (40-60 artists performing, 2 an hour with no breaks at all in between performances).
Please read these rules thoroughly. Then:
- Send an email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: YOUR NAME (LOCATION) Y2K22 LOOPFEST
- Please use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in your Subject of the email
- Include the following statement: “I have read and agree to the Rules of Performance and understand how the Y2K International Live Looping Festival is organized and wish to apply to perform at it.”
- Sign the email with your name
- Performers will be booked on a first come, first served basis.
Yours, respectfully, in creativity, community and, well………………..looping,
founder: Y2K INTERNATIONAL LIVE LOOPING FESTIVALS
Y2K Rules of performance agreement
This festival is a LIVE LOOPING festival. This means that artists who perform must have a large amount of live looping in their musical set. We have had artists in the pasts who merely triggered prerecorded samples or loops and played over them and groups where only one person was looping. This is NOT acceptable for this festival. If you use drum machines or sequencers, please, be prepared to program them in front of the audience.
However, there is no style or genre associated with the festival so anything
you want to do creatively is encouraged and supported. Be as creative
as you’d like to be. That’s the spirit of this beautiful festival.
Load In/Out and Performance
Performances all occur on two adjacent stages. Up to 60 artists from up to 16 countries will perform continuously for a 24 hour period over three days. There are no breaks between acts so the music is continuous.
Because the stages adjoin in view of the audience members, set up and break down can be very distracting to the audience so it is imperative that loading Artists be as sensitive as possible not to draw focus from those who are performing.
1) Artists have 20 minute maximum completely silent load in (Line checks can be accomplished with supplied headphones, also silently and many artists will be on hand to help you load on and off silently when your time comes)
2) Artists have 30 minute maximum performance
3) Artists have 10 minutes maximum complete silent evacuation of the stage
- Artists who take longer to load will have time cut off of their performances
- Artist who perform too long or take too long to evacuate the stage will cause the next act having time shaved off their set.
- We have to stay on schedule or the last artist on the program will be cut. Please be conscious of other performers and festival organizers in this matter
Back Line Equipment
Regrettably, we just don’t have the resources to provide ANY backline equipment for the festival.
Please be prepared to come with everything you need to make a performance (equipment, line or mic chords) tables or chairs.
There will be a P.A. there and most solo artists just provide us with a mono feed, a stereo feed or , perhaps two stereo feeds to the board (we have 8 channels for each stage). The venues are small, so micing of amplifiers is NOT necessary.
We are entirely funded by the community without official sponsorship so there is, regrettably, no compensation for the artists.
Due to the large number of foreign artists who attend this festival, we struggle every year to find places to put them. Because of this, and also regrettably, we cannot provide housing for domestic artists for the duration of the festival, HOWEVER, we WILL send out mailers with festival information that will contain all of the e-mail addresses of all of the performers. Please feel free to contact people on that list if you need a place to stay for a night or two for the festival. The Loopers Delight at Facebook group and the Daily Digest at Loopers Delight are wonderful resources for connecting to other loopers about both housing (and touring!). I honestly can’t remember a festival where everyone didn’t find a place to stay if they needed one.
Guest and Comp List
We charge at the door and don’t allow guests at all because the venue is just not large enough to accommodate more people.
This includes roadies or friends who help you load in. They need to be prepared to pay for their entrance or have you pay for them. We just can’t afford to do this festival without sticking religiously with this rule.
Correspondence with Festival
Please write us as little as possible. All of the information you need for the festival is in this document so please read it thoroughly and refer to it before you ever write.
The only information you will need will be the final scheduling of performances which comes very late in the game (generally no sooner than one month before the festival). It will be on the website as soon as it is decided, I promise.
In all future correspondence:
Please USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS and write your NAME and Y2K18 LOOPFEST in your subject line of any email you send us for the festival so that they are easy to archive and refer to.
YOUR NAME (LOCATION) Y2K22 LOOPFEST
Please write to GEORGE DEMAREST
email@example.com, our webmaster and send him a hi resolution photograph of your self (300dpi in .jpeg format), a 150 word biography/description of your music and any relevant URLS (website, YouTube, MySpace, SoundCloud, BandCamp, et. al.) so that he can build your profile on the web page: www.y2kloopfest.com